Ansaldo STS considers the behaviour of an organisation that contributes to sustainable development, grown out of a shared and concrete commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), as a crucial element to improve its performance, enhance its reputation, increase its ability to attract talent and strengthen its relationships with customers, business partners, suppliers and local communities.
Ansaldo STS wants to develop a coordinated CSR corporate strategy, with an action plan that aims to:
- improve its internal culture;
- stimulate proposals and ideas from the bottom up in order to achieve shared business and social objectives;
- increase the Company's social participation and commitment so that it stands out as an influencer in its field.
Inspired by these principles, our 2018/19 Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) plan has identified the following action areas for the two-year period:
- develop an external communication strategy that highlights the integration between corporate objectives and social responsibility initiatives;
- provide internal training in order to improve the culture of ethics and sustainability;
- adopt new CSR-specific ISO 26000 guideline;
- propose new and concrete initiatives to the Executive Committee, to stimulate a sustainable development of the business and contribute to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the UN's 2030 Agenda.