Ansaldo STS recognises the importance of balancing the distribution of value generated by its activities to stakeholders who have directly or indirectly contributed to its creation.
By analysing distributed economic value, Ansaldo STS studies the flow of resources directed towards its employees, suppliers, service providers, lenders, public authorities and the communities in which it operates.
ECONOMIC VALUE GENERATED AND DISTRIBUTED
|(figures in EUR/000)||2017||2016|
|Economic value generated||1,414,318||1,362,831|
|Economic value distributed||1,325,922||1,297,730|
|Operating costs (procurement, services and investments)||913,115||849,608|
|Public administration remuneration||37,408||41,579|
|Donations and sponsorships||864||739|
|Economic value invested into the business||88,396||65,101|
|Depreciation, amortisation, impairment losses and adjustments||23,528||23,198|
The value generated by the Group in 2017 amounts to approximately EUR 1.41 billion (+3.8% compared to 2016), while the value invested by the Company - mainly consisting of self-financing, amortisation, depreciation, impairment losses and accruals to provisions for risks - is EUR 88.4 million (+35.8%).
Almost EUR 1.33 billion (+2.2% compared to 2016) was distributed and divided among the following stakeholders as shown below:
- the largest amount, EUR 913.1 million, relates to costs incurred to purchase materials (suppliers), services (contractors and subcontractors) and other goods;
- approximately EUR 334.2 million was distributed to employees, mainly for wages, salaries, social security and pension contributions and defined contribution plans;
- approximately EUR 40.3 million relates to lenders for interest and commissions, financial expense and operating exchange rate differences;
- EUR 37.4 million was paid to the tax authorities and other local bodies for direct and indirect taxes;
- EUR 0.86 million went to the community in the form of gifts, donations and sponsorships (with or without publicity).