Economic sustainability is increasingly tied to social and environmental aspects, both at company level and in terms of market scenarios.
Ansaldo STS has evaluated the repercussions that macrotrends involving variables related to the environment, health and safety, demographic growth and economic development in emerging countries will have on the transportation system. According to the analysis, such trends will result in the ever-increasing shift of the global transportation market towards rail transport that is safe, efficient and capable of meeting growing environmental concerns.
Ansaldo STS’s abilities and organisation fully meet the need to innovate in order to boost transportation efficiency and safety and reduce the environmental impact.
Indeed, Ansaldo STS is a company that operates in the context of a global market. It boasts great flexibility in meeting international demand and is open to new markets. It carries out research and development for transportation solutions that focus in particular on the environment and safety, facilitating the standardisation of solutions while also developing the ability to create customised products to meet different customer needs. It has the necessary financial stability to meet future challenges, lead innovation and seize growth opportunities by promoting new projects.
With the change in focus on new technologies and capabilities, the Company will develop additional specific competences and adapt its future way of doing business to the evolving transportation and mobility trends.
Ansaldo STS’s business model is customer-based, enabling it to forge fruitful, long-lasting relationships at global level.
- TECHNOLOGICAL LEADERSHIP FOR SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL MATTERS
Ansaldo STS offers integrated solutions based on technological leadership in terms of safety and the environment, and boasted pronounced technical leadership in certain market segments (ERTMS, driverless, mass transport, high speed).
- PREFERENTIAL PARTNERSHIPS WITH ROLLING STOCK SUPPLIES
Ansaldo STS has a consolidated partnership with Hitachi Rail Italy. However, the Company is also capable of adapting to any rolling stock supplier and is flexible in the design and construction of the chosen solution.
- SOLID ROOTS AND GROWTH WHEREVER THE DEMAND IS
Ansaldo STS is a technological leader in the west, as well as wielding a presence on emerging markets. It carries out investments in research and development and continually monitors timescales and costs.
- A PARTNER THROUGHOUT THE CUSTOMER’S ENTIRE VALUE CHAIN
Ansaldo STS is a leader in the supply of cutting-edge integrated transportation solutions, combining traditional and non-traditional technologies and operation and maintenance services.
- SERVING THE CUSTOMER’S FUTURE NEEDS
Ansaldo STS can meet new market requirements, such as driverless transportation and the introduction and integration of extremely secure digital technology.
- GLOBAL ORGANISATION
The Company is supported by around 4,200 professionals who offer global research, expertise, experience, know-how and best practices wherever the market needs them.
Ansaldo STS is committed to maintaining and developing a series of distinctive abilities and expertise that create value and guarantee long-lasting company growth over time. This commitment can be seen in the Company’s four strategic directions:
- ORGANIC GROWTH: to leverage its strong position in growing geographical areas and business lines to achieve better results than the reference market.
- NON-ORGANIC GROWTH: to define strategic partnerships and evaluate investments that are instrumental to the Company's growth in specific areas and/or business sectors.
- ORGANISATIONAL STANDARDISATION: to adapt the operating model in accordance with business requirements and its future developments.
- EFFICIENCY AND EFFICACY: to optimise the product platforms in line with future technologies, and continue to work on the continuous improvement process in order to strengthen its competitive position and ensure excellence in the execution of its activities.