Ansaldo STS operates globally to support its customers in the creation and development of reliable and sustainable solutions for rail transportation networks, helping to provide an increasingly effective and secure mobility service; from passenger transport networks to freight, from urban transport to regional and international high-speed or conventional lines, Ansaldo STS designs and implements cutting-edge technology to meet operators’ needs and optimise service performance.
As a part of the Hitachi Group, Ansaldo STS further integrates its technological expertise into various projects and solutions, bringing a real competitive advantage and offering economically and technologically innovative solutions for our customers.
The complementary nature of the products and services, along with the distribution of production facilities and development sites will help to further consolidate the Company’s presence in existing markets and increase its effectiveness in new markets.
Integrated system solutions
Ansaldo STS has made its mark on the railway sector by using state-of-the-art technologies for large projects, such as:
- ERTMS / ETCS technologies, adopted to make high speed lines safer and more interoperable;
- satellite positioning technology for the effective and safe management of railway traffic;
- driverless and unmanned solutions for better operating efficiency and flexibility and to cut operating and maintenance costs;
- CBTC signalling technologies to improve service using the distancing logic based on moving blocks, mainly used for metros;
- a large component portfolio, which includes all signalling aspects and system solutions (such as point machines, signals, level crossings, relays, etc.).
2 For more information on market segments and products visit: http://www.ansaldo-sts.com/en/business/business-segments